- “Established Arts Organizations” are defined as having their 501(c)(3) status from the IRS, a cash operating budget of $50,000 or more for the past two years as demonstrated by their two most recently filed IRS Form 990s, and a mission statement that clearly speaks to the arts.
- New applications to Arts Create are only accepted in March of odd-numbered years.
- Updates will be required from current Arts Create grantees in even-numbered years to secure second year funding.
- Letters of intent to apply for Cultural District Designation are due January 30 and full applications are due in June 1. Successful applicants will have access to Arts Respond Projects.
- Reminder: Attachment deadlines have changed. The postmark deadline for all attachments is now the same deadline as the online application. Please plan accordingly.
- Reminder: TCA no longer accepts in-kind donations as half of the required match. All grants require a dollar for dollar cash match.
- Reminder: TCA now requires a DUNS number (Data Universal Numbering System) on all grant applications, including quarterly grant applications. DUNS numbers are FREE and are provided by the commercial company Dun & Bradstreet. Plan ahead since it will take time to obtain your organization's DUNS number. TCA requires this number so that we can track arts activity in Texas and supply statistics regarding the arts industry locally, regionally, and nationally. For more information, please go to the DUNS information page.
© Texas Commission on the Arts